There are very few policies which apply across all Wikia. These can be found on the Central Wikia at Wikia:Category:Policy.
The policies specific to Fanonia SpongeBobia are found below. These rules must be obeyed.
- A. Definitions
- 1. User - any member of the wiki's community including contributors, administrators, and bureaucrats.
- 2. Vandalism - any change in content that is intended to be negative.
- B. User conduct
- 1. Do not attack other users personally. This includes threats and name calling.
- 2. Do not discriminate other users, whether it is religion, political affiliation, sexual preference, or anything else. It is strongly recommended that users do not mention their religion, political affiliation, sexual preference or anything else that could cause tension. A minor biography is all that is necessary, however the administration will never stop you from adding more to your user page, unless any problem arises from comments made.
- 3. Do not use strong profanity. You can say "damn", "hell", and things like that. Any language above PG-13 level will result in consequences. This also means no use of the words such as "f***", even when used as an expletive.
- a. Any use of profanity outside of fanon works will result in consequences.
- b. Any use of profanity directly toward other users will result in a more severe consequence.
- 4. Do not add or link to content that is inappropriate for younger readers/contributors (someone that is under 8 years old) without a warning.
- C. Vandalism
- 1. Do not vandalize anything on the wiki.
- a. Spam
- b. Nonsense edits
- c. Removal of good quality content
- d. Blanking of pages
- 2. Any user who continues to revert or change articles to a previously lower quality version will be blocked per the blocking policy.
- D. Content
- 1. Do not create articles that have nothing to do with SpongeBob SquarePants.
- 2. Do not create articles with excessively bad spelling, grammar, or formatting. Minor mistakes are allowed, but if it gets to the point that the page is unreadable, it will probably be deleted.
- E. Forums
- 1. When using the forums make sure that the topic presented has something relevant to the topic of the Wiki and SpongeBob SquarePants. Any off topic discussion may result in the closing or removal of the thread, along with any necessary warnings or blockings.
- F. User Pages/Walls
- 1. You do not own your userspace, it is given to you to help people know you better. The administration reserves the right to remove any content they feel is inappropriate.
- 2. Do not forbid anyone from leaving you a message on your message wall.
- G. Administrators
- 1. Do not directly ask for the sysop, bureaucrat, rollbacker, or any other similar tool directly. Use the request form here and make sure you qualify.
- 2. Do not pose as an administrator if you are not. Administrators are the only ones allowed to inform a user that they have been blocked or banned.
- H. Multiple Accounts
- 1. Each user is only allowed one account, unless you have a good reason that can be approved by the administration. In that event, all users must identify themselves as the owner of the accounts on the user pages.
- 2. Only administrators may have a bot account. This account must be flagged after a discussion.
- I. Communication
- 1. When two or more editors continually revert changes to an article back and forth, this is an edit war. Both parties, when they realize the war is going on, must stop and take the problem to discussion. If the situation cannot be resolved, an administrator may have to step in.
- 2. If an administrator requests a response from a user regarding an issue, that user must acknowledge and respond to them. If the user makes more than twenty edits after the time of the administrator's message, this will be considered ignoring and consequences will follow.
- 3. Extended conversations regarding topics unrelated to this wiki or SpongeBob SquarePants in general are not allowed on this wiki. Such conversations will be removed.
- 4. Do not discuss another wiki's issues on this wiki, it is not the right place for them.
- J. Personal stuff
- 1. For your own safety, you are not obliged to reveal your personal information.